عنوان مقاله [English]
Introduction: Psychosocial factors may play role inorintation of life of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.The aim of present study was to investigat the effectiveness of a positive cognitive-behavioral therapy on orintation of life in female teachers with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Method: A semi-experimental design with pretest, posttest with control group was applied. The population included all teacher women with chronic fatigue syndrome in Meshkinshahr in 2017. A sample of 40 female teachers selected and randomly assigned into 2 groups (one experimental group and one control group). For data collection, Chalder Chronic Fatigue and Orientation of Life questionnaires were used. Positive cognitive-behavioral therapy was administered to experimental group for 11 sessions, whereas the control group receive no intervention. The extracted data analysed by a analysis of covariance.
Results: Results showed increased optimistic vision, as well as, reduced pessimistic vision of women in experimental group (p<0/01) than control group.
Conclusion: It could be concluded that positive cognitive-behavioral therapy was effective on orientation of life of female teachers with chronic fatigue syndrome and is then recommended as an effective intervention to them.
Keywords: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Orintation of Life, Positive Cognitive- behavioral Therapy, teachers, women.
1. Vandermeer W M, Bleijenberg G, Chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal infectious Diseases. 2017; 2(1): 631-35.
2. Perry E, Alastair M, Chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal of medicine. 2016; 44(12): 711-4.
3. Geir B, Dadar M, Pen J, Chirumbolo S, Aaseth J. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS): Suggestions for a nutritional treatment in the therapeutic approach Biomedicine & pharmaco therapy. 2019; 103(4): 531-8.
4. Gary S, Marshall B, Carter D. Chronic fatigue syndrome inprinciples and practice of pediatric infectious diseases. fifth edition. 2018; 270-320.
6. Finkelmeyer A,He J,Maclachlan L ,Watson S ,Gallagher P ,Newton J L M, Blamire A. Grey and white matter differences in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – A voxel-based morphometry study. NeuroImage: Clinical. 2018; 17(5): 24-30.
7. EvaMartín MM, Mercedes M M. Varied presentation of myalgia encephalomyelitis/Chronic fatigue syndrome and the needs for classification and clinician education: A Case Series. Clinical therapeutics. 2019; 41(4): 619-24.
8. Roberts, D. Chronic fatigue syndrome and quality of life. Patient Related Outcome Measures. 2018; 2(9): 253–62.
9. Moss-Morris R, Deary V, Castell B. Chronic fatigue syndrome. In: Handbook of clinical neurology. 2013; (110): 303-14.
10. Mandell D, Bennett's D. Principles and practice of lnfectious diseases. Eighth edition, 2015; 1(40): 1674-80.
11. Taheri S, Sajjadian I. Effectiveness of mindfulness based cognitive therapy on fatigue symptoms, self-compassion and mindfulness on staff with chronic fatigue syndrome.Quarterly Journal of career & organizational counseling. 2017; 9(30): 145-71. [in Persian].
12. Alger J. Gender differences in chronic fatigue syndrome. Reumatología Clínica. 2016; 12(2): 72-7.
14. Abolghasemi A, Chesmberah V, Kazemi R, Narimani M, The Role of coping strategies, association and physical activity in predicting the quality of life of women with musculoskeletal pain. Scientific Journal of the Ministry of science. 2011; 2(3): 105-21. [in Persian].
15. Jackson H, Macleoud AK. Well-being in chronic fatigue syndrome: Relationship to symptoms and psychological distress. Clinical Psychol Psychother, 2016; 13(3): 470- 78.
16. Rashid T, Seligman ME P. Positive Psychotrapy. A. treatment manual. New york: oxford university Press. 2013.
17. Seligman, M. E. P. Flourish. New york: Free Press. 2011.
18. Scheier MF M, Carver CS. Optimism, coping, and health: Assessment and implications of generalized outcome expectan-cies. Health psychology. 1985; 4 (3): 219-47.
19. Basson, N. The influence of psychosocial factors on the subjective well-being of adolescents. Unpublished dissertation, magister societatis scientiae, bloemfontein,south Africa. 2008.
20. Fisher PL, Byrne A, Salmon P. Metacognitive therapy in adult survivors of cancer: a case series. Cogn. Ther. Res. 2017; 41(6): 891–901.
21. Mahmoudi H, Khoshakhlagh H. The Effectiveness of positive psychotherapy on psychological well-being and self-Esteem among Adolescents with Depression Disorder. Social Behavior Research & Health (SBRH). 2018; 2(1): 153-63. [in Persian].
22. Golestane SM, Behzadi A. The Effectiveness of positive psychology interventiontraining on well-being, Academic vitality, students girls Achievement. Applied psychological research quarterly. 2019; 13(1): 1-27. [in Persian].
23. Kiamarsi A, Narimani M, Sobhi Gharamaleki N, Mikaeeli N. The Effectiveness of positive and cognitive-behavioral therapies on psychological well-being of perfectionist students. Psychological studies saculty of education and psychology. 2018; 14(2): 240-60. [in Persian].
24. Mansouri S, Hagigat S, Habibi R, The Effectiveness of positive therapeutic interventions on Promoting Hope in Substance Abuse. Quarterly Journal on social Health and Addiction. 2018; 5(19): 79-90. [in Persian].
25. Vela JC, Lenz AS, Sparrow, GS, Gonzalez SL. Using a positive psychology and family framework on understand mexican american adolescents’ colledge-going beliefs. Hispanic. Journal of behavioral sciences. 2017; 39(1): 66-81.
26. Yousefpour N, Akbari A, Ahangari E, Thamari AA. The Effectiveness of quality of life based psychotherapy on decreased depression in patients with complicated mourning.Quarterly Journal of clinical psychology and consultation research. 2017; 7(1): 21-37. [in Persian].
27. Dezutter J, Luyckx K, Wachholtz A. Meaning in life in chronic pain patients over time: associations with pain experience and psychological well-being. Journal of behavioral medicine. 2015; 38(2): 384-96. 28. Katharine A, Joanna A, Lauren B, Trudie C. Emotional suppression in chronic fatigue syndrome: experimental study. Health psychology. 2016; 35(9): 979–86.
29. Turner JA, Anderson ML, Balderson BH, Cook AJ, Sherman KJ, Cherkin DC. Mindfulnessbased