1. Campos-Serna J, Ronda-Pérez E, Artazcoz L, Moen BE, Benavides FG. Gender inequalities in occupational health related to the unequal distribution of working and employment conditions: a systematic review. International journal for equity in health. 2013 Dec; 12(1): 57.
2. Mathews, T. J., MacDorman, M. F., & Thoma, M. E. Infant mortality statistics from the 2013 period linked birth/infant death data set.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2015; 64(1): 1-26.
3. Linsell L, Malouf R, Johnson S, Morris J, Kurinczuk JJ, Marlow N. Prognostic factors for behavioral problems and psychiatric disorders in children born very preterm or very low birth weight: a systematic review. Journal of developmental and behavioral pediatrics: JDBP. 2016 Jan; 37(1): 88-102.
4. Talebian MH, Afrooz GA, Homan HA, Aaghei A. The effects of biological and psychological traits of mothers on low birth weight in Isfahan province. J Health Syst Res 2013; 9(10): 1138-48.
5. Malin GL, Morris RK, Riley R, Teune MJ, Khan KS. When is birthweight at term abnormally low? A systematic review and meta‐analysis of the association and predictive ability of current birthweight standards for neonatal outcomes. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2014 Apr 1; 121(5): 515-26.
6. Levine TA, Grunau RE, McAuliffe FM, Pinnamaneni R, Foran A, Alderdice FA. Early childhood neurodevelopment after intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review. Pediatrics. 2014 Dec 1: 126-135.
7. George K, Prasad J, Singh D, Minz S, Albert DS, Muliyil J, Joseph KS, Jayaraman J, Kramer MS. Perinatal outcomes in a South Asian setting with high rates of low birth weight. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2009 Dec; 9(1): 5.
8. Love C, David RJ, Rankin KM, Collins Jr JW. Exploring weathering: effects of lifelong economic environment and maternal age on low birth weight, small for gestational age, and preterm birth in African-American and white women. American journal of epidemiology. 2010 Jun 24; 172(2): 127-34.
9. Hack M, Taylor HG, Drotar D, Schluchter M, Cartar L, Andreias L, Wilson-Costello D, Klein N. Chronic conditions, functional limitations, and special health care needs of school-aged children born with extremely low-birth-weight in the 1990s. Jama. 2005 Jul 20; 294(3): 318-25.
10. Carmody JB, Charlton JR. Short-term gestation, long-term risk: prematurity and chronic kidney disease. Pediatrics. 2013 Jun 1; 131(6): 1168-79.
11. Smith KR, Hanson HA. Early influences on health and mortality in adulthood. In J. D. International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences. 2015; 6(2): 752-8.
12. Roberts G, Cheong J, Opie G, Carse E, Davis N, Duff J, Lee KJ, Doyle L, Victorian Infant Collaborative Study Group. Growth of extremely preterm survivors from birth to 18 years of age compared with term controls. Pediatrics. 2013 Feb 1; 131(2): 439-45.
13. Petrou S, Eddama O, Mangham L. A structured review of the recent literature on the economic consequences of preterm birth. Archives of Disease in Childhood-Fetal and Neonatal Edition. 2011 May 1; 96(3): F225-32.
14. Gibbs CM, Wendt A, Peters S, Hogue CJ. The impact of early age at first childbirth on maternal and infant health. Paediatric and perinatal epidemiology. 2012 Jul 1; 26(s1): 259-84.
15. Khan MW, Arbab M, Murad M, Khan MB, Abdullah S. Study of factors affecting and causing low birth weight. Journal of Scientific Research. 2014 Apr 25; 6(2): 387-94.
16. Unicef. Child Info: Monitoring the Situation of Children and Women. 2014. Statistics by area/water and sanitation. 2016.
17. Pereira-Freire JA, Lemos JO, de Sousa AF, Meneses CC, Rondó PH. Association between weight at birth and body composition in childhood: A Brazilian cohort study. Early human development. 2015 Aug 1; 91(8): 445-9.
18. Holbrook BD. The effects of nicotine on human fetal development. Birth Defects Research Part C: Embryo Today: Reviews. 2016 Jun 1; 108(2): 181-92.
19. Chen CH, Lin HC. Prenatal care and adverse pregnancy outcomes among women with depression: a nationwide population-based study. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 2011 May; 56(5): 273-80.
20. Lelic M, Bogdanovic G, Ramic S, Brkicevic E. Influence of maternal anemia during pregnancy on placenta and newborns. Medical Archives. 2014 Jun; 68(3): 184-7.
21. Takito MY, Benício MH. Physical activity during pregnancy and fetal outcomes: a case-control study. Revista de saude publica. 2010 Feb; 44(1): 90-101.
22. Werner E, Miller M, Osborne LM, Kuzava S, Monk C. Preventing postpartum depression: review and recommendations. Archives of women's mental health. 2015 Feb 1; 18(1): 41-60.
23. Jeong HG, Lim JS, Lee MS, Kim SH, Jung IK, Joe SH. The association of psychosocial factors and obstetric history with depression in pregnant women: focus on the role of emotional support. General hospital psychiatry. 2013 Jul 1; 35(4): 354-8.
24. haroon rashidi H, arjmandniya AA, afrooz GA, beshlideh Q. Comparison of Psychological Distress of Low Birth Weight–Newborns, Mothers with those of normal weight-newborns’ counterparts. Scientific journal of Ilam University of medical sciences. 2014 Feb 1; 21(7): 54-9.
25. Balaji K, Sankar S, Nandagopal B. Low birth weight of newborns: Magnitude of the problem seen in a 100 bed hospital of a rural area in Vellore district, Tamil Nadu (India). Indian journal of community medicine: official publication of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine. 2010 Apr; 35(2): 362-7.