1. tanley IH, Hom MA, Joiner TE. A systematic review of suicidal thoughts and behaviors among police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics. Clinical Psychology Review. 2016; 44: 25-44.
2. iang J, Bi P, Pisaniello D, Hansen A. Health impacts of workplace heat exposure: an epidemiological review. Industrial Health. 2013; 52(2): 91-101.
3. arris MB, Baloğlu M, Stacks JR. Mental health of trauma-exposed firefighters and critical incident stress debriefing. Journal of Loss &Trauma. 2002; 7(3): 223-38.
4. iolli L, Savicki V. Firefighters’ psychological and physical outcomes after exposure to traumatic stress: The moderating roles of hope and personality. Traumatology. 2012; 18(3): 7-15.
5. om MA, Stanley IH, Rogers ML, Tzoneva M, Bernert RA, Joiner TE. Theassociation between sleep disturbances and depression among firefighters: emotion dysregulation as an explanatory factor. Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine. 2016; 12(02): 235-45.
6. merican Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5). Washington, D.C.: American Psychiatric Association. 2013.
7. ring AM, Sloan DM. Emotion regulation and psychopathology: A transdiagnostic approach to etiology and treatment. New York, NY: Guilford Press. 2009.
8. essler RC, Petukhova M, Sampson NA, Zaslavsky AM, Wittchen HU. Twelve‐month and lifetime prevalence and lifetime morbid risk of anxiety and mood disorders in the United States. International journal of methods in psychiatric research. 2012; 21(3): 169-84.
9. ansell W, Harvey A, Watkins ER, Shafran R. Cognitive behavioral processes across psychological disorders: A review of the utility and validity of the
transdiagnostic approach. International Journal of Cognitive Therapy. 2008; 1(3): 181-91.
10. ennin DS, Fresco DM. Emotion regulation therapy. In: Gross JJ, editor. Handbook of emotion regulation. New York, NY: The Guilford Press. 2014; 469-90.
11. cLaughlin KA, Nolen-Hoeksema S. Rumination as a transdiagnostic factor in depression and anxiety. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 2011; 49(3): 186-93.
12. ldao A, Nolen-Hoeksema S. Specificity of cognitive emotion regulation strategies: A transdiagnostic examination. Behaviour research and therapy. 2010; 48(10): 974-83.
13. hepherd L, Wild J. Emotion regulation, physiologicalarousal and PTSD symptoms in trauma-exposed individuals. Journal of Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry. 2014; 45(3): 360-7.
14. ross JJ, Jazaieri H. Emotion, emotion regulation, and psychopathology: An affective science perspective. Clinical Psychological Science. 2014; 2(4): 387-401.
15. enckens MJ, Klumpers F, Everaerd D, Kooijman SC, Van Wingen GA, Fernández G. Interindividual differences in stress sensitivity: basal and stress-induced cortisol levels differentially predict neural vigilance processing under stress. Social cognitive and affective neuroscience. 2015; 11(4): 663-73.
16. aylor S. Anxiety sensitivity: Theory, research, and treatment of the fear of anxiety. London, England: Routledge. 2014.
17. olden K, Hernandez N, Wrenn G, Belton A. Resilience: Protective Factors for Depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder among African American Women? Health, Culture and Society. 2017; 9: 12-29.
18. burn G, Gott M, Hoare K. What is resilience? An integrative review of the empirical literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2016; 72(5): 980-1000.
19. rown TA, Naragon-Gainey K. Evaluation of the unique and specific contributions of dimensions of the triple vulnerability model to the prediction of DSM-IV anxiety and mood disorder constructs. Behavior therapy. 2013; 44(2): 277-92.
20. cDermott MJ, Tull MT, Gratz KL, Daughters SB, Lejuez C. The role of anxiety sensitivity and difficulties in emotion regulation in posttraumatic stress disorder among crack/cocaine dependent patients in residential substance abuse treatment. Journal of anxiety disorders. 2009; 23(5): 591-9.
21. lthuis JV, Watt MC, Stewart SH. Anxiety Sensitivity Index (ASI-3) subscales predict unique variance in anxiety and depressive symptoms. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. 2014; 28(2): 115-24.
22. irst M, Williams J, Karg R, Spitzer R. Structured clinical interview for DSM-5 disorders-clinician version (SCID-5-CV). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Association. 2015.
23. eck AT, Steer RA, Brown GK. Beck depression inventory-II. San Antonio. 1996; 78(2): 490-8.
24. hassemzadeh H, Mojtabai R, Karamghadiri N, Ebrahimkhani N. Psychometric properties of a Persian‐language version of the Beck Depression Inventory‐Second edition: BDI‐II‐PERSIAN. Depression and anxiety. 2005; 21(4): 185-92.
25. eathers FW, Litz BT, Herman DS, Huska JA, Keane TM, editors. The PTSD Checklist (PCL): Reliability, validity, and diagnostic utility. annual convention of the international society for traumatic stress studies, San Antonio, TX; 1993: San Antonio, TX.
26. oudarzi MA. Validity and reability of Micicipi Post-traumatic Stress Disorder Scale. Journal of Psychology. 2003; 62: 8-12.
27. aylor S, Zvolensky MJ, Cox BJ, Deacon B, Heimberg RG, Ledley DR, et al. Robust dimensions of anxiety sensitivity: developmentand initial validation of the Anxiety Sensitivity Index-3. Psychological assessment. 2007; 19(2): 176-8.
28. emper CJ, Lutz J, Bähr T, Rüddel H, Hock M. Construct validity of the anxiety sensitivity index–3 in clinical samples. Assessment. 2012; 19(1): 89-100.
29. Gross JJ, John OP. Individual differences in two emotion regulation processes: implications for affect, relationships, and well-being. Journal of personality and social psychology. 2003; 85(2): 348-62.
30. alzarotti S, John OP, Gross JJ. An Italianadaptation of the emotion regulation questionnaire. European Journal of Psychological Assessment. 2010; 26(1): 61-7.
31. onnor KM, Davidson JR. Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor‐Davidson resilience scale (CD‐RISC). Depression and anxiety. 2003; 18(2): 76-822.
32. hoshouei MS. Psychometric evaluation of the Connor-Davidson resilience scale (CD-RISC) using Iranian students. International Journal of Testing. 2009; 9(1): 60-6.
33. Hale,L R., Goldstein. D.S., Abramovitz., C.S,. Calaman, J.E,.& Kosson, D. S.(2004). Psychopathy is related to negative affectivity but not to anxiety sensitivity. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 42,697-71
34. Dowden, S.L.,& Allen, G.J.(1997). "Relationship between anxiety sensitivity, hyperventilation, and emotional reactivity to display of facial emotions".Journal of Anxiety Disorder,11,63-75.
35. Ganji, M.(2015). Psychopathology based on DSM-IV. Tehran. Salavan pub
36. Carleton, R.N., Sharpe, D., Asmundson, G.J.G. (2007). Anxiety sensitivity and intolerance of uncertainty: Requisites of the fundamental fears? Behaviour Research and Therapy, 45, 2307–2316
37. Nian, M; Widey, W. (2004). Cognitive therapy: 100 notes, 100 techniques.
38. tanley IH, Smith LJ, Boffa JW, Tran JK, Schmidt NB, Joiner TE, et al. Anxiety sensitivity and suicide risk among firefighters: A test of the depression-distress amplification model. Comprehensive psychiatry. 2018; 84: 39-46.
39. lghamdi M, Hunt N, Thomas S. Prevalence rate of PTSD, depression and anxiety symptoms among Saudi firefighters. Journal of Traumatic Stress Disorders and Treatment. 2016; 6(1): 1-6.
40. sarros C, Theleritis C, Kokras N, Lyrakos D, Koborozos A, Kakabakou O, et al. Personality characteristics and individual factors associated with PTSD in firefighters one month after extended wildfires. Nordic journal of psychiatry. 2018; 72(1): 17-23.
41. arnefski N, Kraaij V. Effects of a cognitive behavioral self-help program on emotional problems for people with acquired hearing loss: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education. 2011; 17(1): 75-84.
42. ermann F, Van der Linden M, d'Acremont M, Zermatten A. Cognitive Emotion Regulation Questionnaire (CERQ). European Journal of Psychological Assessment. 2006; 22(2): 126-31.
43. olen-Hoeksema S, Wisco BE, Lyubomirsky S. Rethinking rumination. Perspectives on psychological science. 2008; 3(5): 400-24.
44. oradimanesh, F., Mirjaafari,SA., Godarzi,MA., Mohammadi,N. (2006). Investigating the Psychometric Properties of the Revised Anxiety Sensitivity Index (ASIR). Journal of Psychology; 4 (44): 426-46
45.entler, P. M & Bonnet, D. C. (1980). “Significance Tests and Goodness of Fit in the Analysis of Covariance Structures”. Psychological Bulletin. 88 (3): 588- 606.
46. öreskog, K. G. & Sörbom, D. (2004). LISREL 8: Structural Equation Modeling with the SIMPLIS command language. Lincolnwood, IL: Scientific Software International.